Monday, January 10, 2011

Crockpot Creamy Salsa Chicken

You may remember that I already have a salsa chicken recipe.  Well, my church recently collaberated with all the women and came up with our very own cookbook.  There are sooo many delicious recipes in it!  When I saw this one, by my friend Jamie, I knew I just had to try it.  Plus it's so versatile!  I'll tell you what I did after the original recipe.

Ingredients:
2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1 c. grated cheddar cheese

Place chicken in greased slow cooker.  Pour broth, salsa, corn, beans, and taco seasoning over.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.  Remove chicken with slotted spoon and place on plates.  Stir sour cream and cheese into sauce and pour over chicken.  Makes 3-5 servings. 

I had every intention of serving it this way, I really did.  But when I opened the crockpot, and smelt all the deliciousness going on, I could only think of one thing.  Burritos.  Soo...I shredded the chicken and kept it in the sauce.  Then I warmed up some refried beans and added a little butter, cheese, and sour cream to them to make them nice and creamy.  Then I put some of the beans and some of the chicken into a burrito sized tortilla and rolled it up.  Then I poured some of the sauce on top as well. 

The next time I made this, I did basically the same thing, but deep fried them to make chimichangas.

However you make this one, it's a KEEPER!  It's sooo good.  Try it.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment