Monday, June 28, 2010

Perfect Pancakes


I love breakfast food.  Every Sunday night I make breakfast food for dinner.  It's become a tradition in our house.  This pancake recipe is my favorite!  I'll never use another recipe or go back to bisquik.  Try it!  You'll love it!

1 egg
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup buttermilk*
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBS sugar

Whisk wet ingredients.  Combine dry ingredients- stir into wet.  If batter seems too thick add a little more milk.  I personally like my pancakes thin so I keep the batter pretty runny.  The pancakes will cook evenly this way too.

*If you don't have buttermilk (who does?) add a little vinegar to your milk and let it sit for a couple minutes.  Voila! Buttemilk.

This recipe makes plenty for me, my husband, and my one year old.  But as you can see, it can be easily doubled, tripled, quintupled...you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment