Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Photobucket

These aren't just any chocolate chip cookies. These are THE cookies. The cookie recipe that I swore I would never part with. The recipe that was given to me as a wedding gift from my friend Alicia. The top secret recipe that I've held on to for many years.

Why am I sharing it now? Well, it turns out my top secret recipe isn't so top secret. It's the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse chips bag. Alicia first mentioned this on her blog, The Story Lady, but I didn't believe her. I didn't want to believe her.

Until today. Today I had a craving for cookies, so I started making the delicious recipe that I've had memorized for so long. I took out my bag of chocolate chips and unwillingly looked at the recipe. What I saw brought tears to my eyes. It is, in fact, the same recipe.

I feel like I just stepped off of the set of Friends Season 7 "The One with Phoebe's Cookies". When Phoebe realizes that her Grandmother's famous recipe is none other than Nestle Tollhouse's she curses, "it is stuff like this which is why you're BURNING IN [HECK]!" I, of course, don't want Alicia to go to heck, but somebody should!

Anyway- these are the best cookies ever, and now I'm going to share them with you.

Cream together:
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together

Add:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
2 1/4 cups flour

Mix well. Add 1/2 bag of chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 7-9 on an ungreased cookie sheet.

That's it my friends. This is the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. With ONE MAJOR difference.

Shortening.

You must use shortening instead of butter. It will change your life, and you'll never look back. I've made this recipe a couple times with butter, and then don't turn out nearly as good. Not even close.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sweet mother of mercy, my mother's cookies are going to be the undoing of me.

    Those look waaaay too good. And I felt a lot like Monica when my mom told me her recipe was mainstream. Wah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send cookies to my house. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete