Monday, March 1, 2010

The Easiest Doughnuts Ever.



Seriously.

You may not want to read this post.

I can't stop making these things! They've become a Sunday morning tradition. Or anytime it's rainy and cold. Or when we're hungry for a late night snack. My husband thinks this is the best thing I've ever learned how to do!

Ingredients:

1 can refrigerated biscuit dough. Original flavor is best. I've played around with other flavors (because it's what I had in my fridge), and they still turn out yummy. The ones I use for this tutorial are homestyle butter tastin'. Not the best, but still good!


Oil for fryin'

That's it!

Let's get started.

Start by opening your biscuits. If all you have is Grands! then make sure you flatten them thin or else your doughnuts won't cook all the way through. Gross.
Then take a small circle shaped cutter to cut out the holes. I'm using a baby bottle! Clever right?


Then when your oil is good and hot, fry them up real nice.


Set doughnuts on a paper towel. Or a real towel if you're out like I was.


Meanwhile make a simple glaze. I don't have a specific recipe for this so here's what I do. I dump some powdered sugar in a bowl. I add a little bit of water at a time (I mean a little!) and whisk it until I feel it's about the right consistency. Then I add a little bit of vanilla, and taste test until it's satisfactory.

Then plate your doughnuts, and pour the glaze right over the top.

Serve warm! They are the BEST when they are warm/hot!

2 comments:

  1. My mom make these too! And yes they are yummy! Another way to dress them up a little is right after you fry them dip them in cinnamon and sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh slurp....I think I will try these ASAP!!

    Not good to read this blog when I am hungry already.

    ReplyDelete