Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dangerously Delicious Chocolate Cake

Revision: I originally gave this an A- because I thought it was too sweet. Well, half-a-cake later I've decided that I wouldn't change a darn thing. Not a thing. It's so good! I'm completely addicted. In fact, please come over and have some cake. I really shouldn't eat this whole thing by my lonesome.

Or should I?

I saw this recipe a couple weeks ago on kevinandamanda.com and I've been dying to try it out ever since. I paired it with The Best Buttercream Frosting, and it was soooo delicious!

Ingredients
Photobucket
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 package Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease and lightly flour two 9 inch cake pans (or whatever pan you so choose)
3. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except for the chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips
5. Scoop the batter into pans
Photobucket

6. Use the directions on the back of the box as a guideline for your baking time. It will take longer, so check it every five minutes after the allotted time with a toothpick. You might get chocolate from the chips on your toothpick so don't let that fool you.
7. Remove from over and let cool completely.
Photobucket

Dustin's grade: A

Erin's grade: A-

This cake is so incredibly delicious. It's so divinely rich. Just a little too sweet for my taste, so next time I might half the chocolate chips, or leave them out all together.Photobucket

Mmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment