Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Easy Sugar Cookies!

This is my go-to cookie recipe. It's so good and so easy! I LOVE them. Maybe a little too much.

Man, this new hobby isn't so weight-loss friendly is it?

Oh well. On to the cookies!

Ingredients:
Photobucket
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.Photobucket

In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Photobucket

Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded spoonfuls of dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Photobucket

Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool about two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. Or whatever you have. I use tinfoil on my countertop.

I let my cookies cool and then topped them with The Best Buttercream Frosting recipe that I had posted a couple weeks ago.

These are also really good plain! I usually do not frost them!

This is Dustin's plate. Don't be jealous of my mad frosting skills.
Photobucket

I'm sure that you could also refrigerate the cookie dough and then roll it out for cut-out cookies. I don't know though, I've never tried it. I don't have cookie cutters!

I'll just add that to my ever growing list of things-I'm-saving-my-money-for.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to use this one to teach to my Le Classique girls! Of course, I'll have to try it myself first. I can't wait. It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete