Friday, August 7, 2009

Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwiches

The main purpose of this blog is to motivate me to find new and challenging recipes to make. But sometimes I'll post a couple quick and easy recipes.

These are my favorite sandwiches. They are oh-so-yummy and there is no possible way to screw them up. Perfect for college girls looking to impress some RMs. Ashley, Tawni, Lacie? Are you paying attention? Good.

You will need:

A crockpot
2 chicken breasts
1/2 12 oz bottle of Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce (buffalo flavor- you don't want it any hotter than that, trust me!)
1/2 package dry ranch dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter

hamburger buns
lettuce
mayo
ranch dressing

yield: approximately 6 sandwiches

Place frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. Pour in wing sauce. Add dry ranch dressing and butter and cook on low for about 5 hours or on high about 3. When the chicken is cooked enough to shred apart easily, do so. Then continue cooking the chicken in all those good smelling juices for about another hour or until your ready to eat. Like I said, it's hard to screw this up. Maybe that's why it's my fave.

When ready to serve, scoop out chicken with a slotted spoon. It's very juicy and messy. Delightfully messy. So try to get rid of as much of the juices as you can and serve on hamburger buns. Just keep some napkins handy. You'll need them. I like to use some ranch dressing and mayo on my hamburger buns, I think it really adds to the flavor and helps combat the spicy-ness of the buffalo sauce. But eat it however way you choose. It's your sandwich.

Also add cheese. I bet that's good. Dustin doesn't like cheese, so I didn't think to add it, but I bet it's yummy.

Also I would have taken a picture of these sandwiches, but my camera batteries died yesterday :( I feel....incomplete.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to try the recipe! I am so glad you are blogging about cooking, i need motivation especially when we are poor while i am not working, i need to cook a lot more than i do! I look forward to watching for updates!

    ReplyDelete