Monday, August 3, 2009

Introduction

I've never been a good cook. I can cook, but I don't think I can cook well. I regularly burn things and always overcook my chicken.

I want to be a good cook. A REALLY good cook. The kind of cook that makes people ask me for my recipes, or ask me to cook for them. I want to be included in phrases like, "Have you tried my wife's chocolate cake?" or "My mom makes the best macaroni and cheese". I want to be confident enough to have friends over for dinner, instead of going to dinner.

So I've decided to start making more complicated meals at least once a week. I'm not saying I'm going to cook duck or frog legs, I just want to amp it up a notch. Instead of plain spaghetti, I'll make spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce and meatballs. Then I will blog about what I do.

My first project: homemade gnocchi with a made-from-scratch italian sausage marinara sauce and chocolate cake with buttercream frosting for dessert.

I'm going grocery shopping tonight and I will make this meal on Wednesday.

Are you excited?

You should be.

1 comment:

  1. So did you make gnocchi last night? How did it turn out? What does Kate think of your new endeavor?

    ReplyDelete