Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Goodies!


I'm back! I apologize for not posting anything in over a month! Things have been pretty crazy around here. I moved into a house a couple of weeks ago, and consequently all of my hobbies have been put on hold for awhile. I finally feel like I am unpacked (sorta) now, and am getting into a routine again.

There are also a couple of other reasons to why I haven't posted. Mainly, I'm not sure in what direction I want to take this blog. I have yet to find a unique stride. I wanted this to be more than a copy and paste recipe blog, but I'm lazy and that's pretty much what it is.

Also, I really REALLY want a new camera. My camera is old, and it's really not taking quality pictures. So, I feel like the pictures of my food aren't pretty and make the food look disgusting, and I'm just not that talented (or patient) enough to sit and fix every picture in photoshop before posting. Is that petty?

So-- I want to hear your suggestions. What do you like about this blog? Do you like the easy recipes? Or the tales of myself trying to tackle the more difficult ones? Are you a fan of step-by-step pictures? Or do you just like the recipe to be posted?

I do think it would be fun to have you guys (does anyone read this?) email me your favorite recipes to try. So send me some, please! It would be way more fun to try one of your recipes once a week than it would be hunting for recipes on the internet!

If nothing else, this blog did what I set it up to do. I used to loathe cooking, and now I absolutely LOVE it! I am always in my kitchen making goodies, or cooking a delicious dinner. It's the best part of my day!

Yesterday I made some Christmas goodie plates for my friends and neighbors. Below I have posted 3 of the recipes I made. I also made homemade caramels, which, thanks to a candy thermometer, turned out PERFECT this time!

The cookies you see are my friend Alicia's Mom's cookie recipe. I grew up on these. Whenever Alicia and I were bored, we'd go into the kitchen and whip up a batch of these magnificent cookies. For my wedding, Alicia gave me the recipe as a wedding gift. It's been my cookie recipe ever since, and I'm just not ready to part with it. Sorry.



Anyway-- let me know what you guys think! I need some advice!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Erin. I dont know if you remember me but I'm Shawnda Mills, Im married to Scotts cousin Nate. I like your cooking blog. I have made quite a few recipes of yours and Nate and I really enjoy them. Im a little obssesed myself with cooking blogs and cooking in general, so keep posting, you have great recipes. I have been considering starting a cooking blog too but im lazy at the moment to put forth that kind of effort. But just wanted to let you know that I like your easy recipes. I love trying new stuff, even difficult things to make, but I only have so much time in the week since I work all day. So definatly do a mix of both. Your quick and easy recipes help on busy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, whatever you do... don't leak the cookie recipe. Here's the plan: we keep it to ourselves and make a million of my mom's cookies so everyone will fall in love with them. Then, when everyone is sufficiently addicted, we sell the cookies. THEN, when we're 65, we sell the rights to the recipe and pay for our grandchilden to go to Yale.

    Now that that's squared away, I like your blog. I like a few pictures to go along with. I think you do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm really wishing that we were still neighbors and our family would have recieved one of those deliscious looking goodie plates! Can't wait to try out the carmel recipe!

    ReplyDelete