Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yummy Buttery Breadsticks

I love breadsticks.

I love these breadsticks.

These breadsticks are buttery, garlicky, fluffy and delicious. I would like to share them with you. In fact, I still have some in my kitchen. So really, come on over!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast. (I like to use a little extra yeast because I think it makes the breadsticks fluffier, but I could be completely wrong about that.)
About 4 cups of flour

Topping:
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 cup Parmesean cheese (if your husband is normal and likes cheese. I unfortunately have to skip this ingredient *angry face* )
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Italian seasoning sprinkled on top


Directions:

Mix water and sugar, add yeast and let work about 10 minutes.

Add 3 1/2 cups flour, then add flour as needed to create a soft dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.

Grease pan.

Spread dough in pan. I like to use a 9x13 because I like really thick breadsticks, but if you wanted thinner ones, use a cookie sheet. Let rise for another 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix up the topping. I'm going to be honest with you here. Is that okay? I actually DOUBLE the topping recipe. I love this stuff! I also use more garlic than I should. I like my breadsticks really garlicky. So start with what I said, and then add more to taste.

Gently cut were pieces will be, but do not cut all the way through.Photobucket

I don't know why I decided to only make 6 HUGE breadsticks. I easily could have made a dozen. Don't questions my motives, it's not like the size of the breadstick does anything to the taste.

Spread on topping (don't be shy!) and sprinkle italian seasoning on top. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 400 degrees.

Photobucket

And yes, Tia, (if you ever read this) this is your mom's recipe. I still have it from when we exchanged recipes in Young Womens right before we all went to college. It has served me well over the years.

Thank you.

And thank your mom for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment